Anthem is the fastest growing publisher in the UK for some very good reasons – we recruit and retain the very best people and we give them the opportunities to develop their skills and try new disciplines. We are constantly experimenting and launching new products and services, meaning that job roles seldom stay still for long and there are frequent new opportunities. We always look to promote internally wherever possible and team members can achieve great progression.
As well as regular employment, we run a rolling programme of internships that has led to the recruitment and retention of four of our current members of staff.
On top of the great professional environment, we offer the delights of working in the World Heritage City of Bath, private health, twice-yearly parties, flexible working wherever possible and an informal, dynamic atmosphere.
Part-time 25-30 hours per week
Competitive + Benefits
Anthem Publishing is a Bath-based media company focused on Food, Wellbeing and Music. We are committed to helping people enjoy their hobbies and interests to make them happier people, whether that’s through running, healthy eating or colouring.
We are looking for a highly organised and dedicated Production Manager who can take on the role as key point of contact for the editorial teams, printers and distributors to make sure our magazines get to the right place on time and on budget.
MAGAZINE PRODUCTION –
- Create magazine production schedules
- Set up and distribute print orders
- Liaise with all key stakeholders within the business – CEO, marketing team, editorial teams, Ad team
- Be the main point of contact at Anthem for the magazine printer and distributor
- Manage covermounts and promotions for all magazines
- Make sure all folders are set up to receive PDFs
- Check and send all artwork for all titles
- Create barcodes
- Order all paper whilst ensuring the magazine remains within budget
- Liaise with the paper supplier to get the best prices
- Advise magazine teams on how to achieve results within their budget, and provide guidance on print processes
- Check and sign off invoices for all items purchased and negotiate with suppliers and affected magazine teams to resolve any credits, problems, quality issues and queries
- Log all spend
- Arrange ad hoc press pass requirements
- Manage delays caused by late artwork or problems on press so that on sale dates are met
- Resolve gift shortages
- Feed back any problems with printing, including any delays, to the publisher and to Marketforce.
- Manage time-sensitive and non-time-sensitive delays with the printer and distributor
- Recoup any costs through printer delays
APPS AND DIGITAL EDITIONS –
- Upload PDFs to various digital suppliers for Music titles, including special editions, plus any other ad hoc titles.
AD PRODUCTION –
- Chasing and checking all adverts and uploading the files
- Amending artwork and redesigning adverts when necessary
- Uploading digital adverts to selected websites using DFP
- Liaising closely with Ad Managers and advertisers to receive artwork on time and upload adverts on time
- Report back on the success of digital campaigns to the client and Ad Manager
- 5+ years of working in a print publisher environment
- 2+ years working in a similar production role
- In-depth understanding of how magazine print companies work
- Experience of Photoshop/InDesign/Adobe Creative Suite, Double Click for Publishers, Microsoft office
Essential skills / behaviours
- Strong organisational skills
- Accuracy and keen attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Problem solving skills
- Team player
- Methodical approach
- Prioritisation and excellent time management
- Deadline orientated
- Adaptive to new technologies
- Flexible working with internal and external contacts.