Anthem is the fastest growing publisher in the UK for some very good reasons – we recruit and retain the very best people and we give them the opportunities to develop their skills and try new disciplines. We are constantly experimenting and launching new products and services, meaning that job roles seldom stay still for long and there are frequent new opportunities. We always look to promote internally wherever possible and team members can achieve great progression.
As well as regular employment, we run a rolling programme of internships that has led to the recruitment and retention of four of our current members of staff.
On top of the great professional environment, we offer the delights of working in the World Heritage City of Bath, private health, twice-yearly parties, flexible working wherever possible and an informal, dynamic atmosphere.
Advertising staff wanted!
We’re looking to add two new members to our advertising team working on our thriving food publishing portfolio. One role is on Gluten-Free Heaven, the other is on Food Heaven.
The role is an active sales role, involving working with a range of clients from initial calls to putting campaign proposals together. You’ll be fully responsible for your title, working alongside the editorial and digital team to ensure campaigns are carried out fully and reporting back to your clients.
- Print/digital sales experience desired but not essential
- Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills as well as keen attention to detail
- A strong team player with a proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales revenues
- Ability to apply all the latest applicable research and data within sales process
- Good communication, administration and business skills
- An interest in the food industry is preferable
If this sounds like you, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com plus specify whether you are interested in the Food Heaven or Gluten-Free Heaven role.
Operations Editor – MusicTech
MusicTech magazine are looking to recruit a full-time Operations Editor for 2018. The role will require a dedicated individual who has a detailed understanding of music making and music technology. The Operations Editor will be responsible for ensuring commissioned content arrives in a timely fashion, subbing, processing and preparing copy for the Editor. Also the role will be required to manage the financial administration of MusicTech’s magazine and website. Reporting to the Editor, the role will be a full-time position based in our Bath office. Crucial aspects of the job role will be:
- Assisting the editor with developing content strategies for the brand for the year
- Assisting the editor with planning and commissioning magazine content
- Assisting the editor with planning and commissioning digital content
- Chasing writers for outstanding copy/additional copy for both magazine and website
- Working with Art Editor on content layouts and image selection
- Editorial budget administration – managing contributor costs including, invoicing, rate negotiations etc
- Subbing submitted copy and ensuring it conforms to MusicTech’s design spec, and where necessary re-shaping and re-writing content
- Subbing copy for website and ensuring it conforms to SEO best practice
- Supervising sending of magazine to printers (Using XMF Remote) when required
- Taking control of all magazine scheduling and administration, including deadline setting, flatplan creation/management and administering communal Google Drive documents
- Reporting to editor on magazine status and website content status
- An understanding of music technology is a highly preferable attribute, as well as a provable passion for music, journalism and technology
Anthem Publishing won the PPA Independent Publishing Company of the Year for 2017 and is based in Bath
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th March 2018