Anthem is the fastest growing publisher in the UK for some very good reasons – we recruit and retain the very best people and we give them the opportunities to develop their skills and try new disciplines. We are constantly experimenting and launching new products and services, meaning that job roles seldom stay still for long and there are frequent new opportunities. We always look to promote internally wherever possible and team members can achieve great progression.
As well as regular employment, we run a rolling programme of internships that has led to the recruitment and retention of four of our current members of staff.
On top of the great professional environment, we offer the delights of working in the World Heritage City of Bath, private health, twice-yearly parties, flexible working wherever possible and an informal, dynamic atmosphere.
Part-time 25-30 hours per week
Competitive + Benefits
Anthem Publishing is a Bath-based media company focused on Food, Wellbeing and Music. We are committed to helping people enjoy their hobbies and interests to make them happier people, whether that’s through running, healthy eating or colouring.
We are looking for a highly organised and dedicated Production Manager who can take on the role as key point of contact for the editorial teams, printers and distributors to make sure our magazines get to the right place on time and on budget.
MAGAZINE PRODUCTION –
- Create magazine production schedules
- Set up and distribute print orders
- Liaise with all key stakeholders within the business – CEO, marketing team, editorial teams, Ad team
- Be the main point of contact at Anthem for the magazine printer and distributor
- Manage covermounts and promotions for all magazines
- Make sure all folders are set up to receive PDFs
- Check and send all artwork for all titles
- Create barcodes
- Order all paper whilst ensuring the magazine remains within budget
- Liaise with the paper supplier to get the best prices
- Advise magazine teams on how to achieve results within their budget, and provide guidance on print processes
- Check and sign off invoices for all items purchased and negotiate with suppliers and affected magazine teams to resolve any credits, problems, quality issues and queries
- Log all spend
- Arrange ad hoc press pass requirements
- Manage delays caused by late artwork or problems on press so that on sale dates are met
- Resolve gift shortages
- Feed back any problems with printing, including any delays, to the publisher and to Marketforce.
- Manage time-sensitive and non-time-sensitive delays with the printer and distributor
- Recoup any costs through printer delays
APPS AND DIGITAL EDITIONS –
- Upload PDFs to various digital suppliers for Music titles, including special editions, plus any other ad hoc titles.
AD PRODUCTION –
- Chasing and checking all adverts and uploading the files
- Amending artwork and redesigning adverts when necessary
- Uploading digital adverts to selected websites using DFP
- Liaising closely with Ad Managers and advertisers to receive artwork on time and upload adverts on time
- Report back on the success of digital campaigns to the client and Ad Manager
- 5+ years of working in a print publisher environment
- 2+ years working in a similar production role
- In-depth understanding of how magazine print companies work
- Experience of Photoshop/InDesign/Adobe Creative Suite, Double Click for Publishers, Microsoft office
Essential skills / behaviours
- Strong organisational skills
- Accuracy and keen attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Problem solving skills
- Team player
- Methodical approach
- Prioritisation and excellent time management
- Deadline orientated
- Adaptive to new technologies
- Flexible working with internal and external contacts.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter directly to email@example.com
Exciting opportunity for a Deputy Art Editor/Art Editor to join Anthem Publishing’s food portfolio
Working as part of a dynamic editorial team, you will be responsible for designing Healthy Diet and Gluten-Free Heaven magazines. The ability to design attractive and engaging magazine pages is essential and will be supported by your existing experience of working in consumer publishing. As well as operating as a flexible and adaptable team player, you will have the confidence and skills to single-handedly manage a project. You should have excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work around tight deadlines is essential. You’ll be a highly competent, experienced user of Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop and be able to demonstrate strong typographic and layout skills. An interest in food would be beneficial
Interested? Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitive + Benefits
Anthem Publishing is a Bath-based media company focused on Food, Wellbeing and Music. We are committed to help people every day to do the stuff they love that makes them happier, whether that’s running, healthy eating or listening to music.
As part of this vision, we have a renewed purpose to drive the digital side of the business through meaningful customer engagements and commercial growth. We are looking to monetise our online traffic across multiple brands, including womensrunninguk.co.uk, veganfoodandliving.com and longlivevinyl.net. We have a dedicated programme in 2019/2020 to relaunch our websites in order to build on their already established strong positions. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Affiliate Manager or senior executive looking to develop their in-house career.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Production, the person in this new role will be responsible for managing the affiliate marketing strategy, working closely with senior stakeholders, the commercial team, and the wider marketing team. The role is perfect for someone ambitious and driven, who is looking to work for a company with clear growth targets, and who is keen to develop this new avenue.
- Developing and managing the launch of affiliate programs for a number of key brands
- Establishing strong relationships with affiliate partners
- Acquiring and motivating new affiliates and commercial partners
- Implementing affiliate campaigns across digital and off-line properties
- Analysis of campaigns to optimise sales and CPA targets
- Expanding the affiliate presence into new markets
- Growing the affiliate channels for each product
- Develop affiliate integration into existing and relaunching websites
- Ensure all sales targets are hit across brands
- 2+ years of affiliate experience
- Ability to make new relationships and maximise on existing commercial relationships
- Experience of managing affiliates/partners
- A good understanding of how the affiliate channel fits in with wider marketing channels
- Hands on experience with affiliate technology or affiliate networks
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and SEO
- A genuine passion for affiliate marketing
- A solid commercial acumen and desire to be part of a growing and rapidly expanding business
- Proactive, self-starter
- Collaborative team player
- Keen attention to detail
- Analytical but customer-facing
- Target driven and commercially motivated
Essential skills / behaviours